If you have not noticed, I am for reducing American dependence on oil, particularly foreign oil. I also support the use of renewable energy instead of oil for heating and transportation. My ambition, the dependence of propane is what he is in our household with my position and balance environmental ethics.
With more than $ 1,300 of propane in the tank – in winter – I thought it was high time to seriously consider installing a solar water system. Who will pay up to $ 2,500 per year ICC in propane cost? I wanted to continue the installation of solar hot water panels on site.
As I wrote that I thought I would pay $ 1.14/year/square walk home. How long does it normally pay for heating, hot water and cooking? We live an energy efficient home, economic (in 64 degree heat, hot water requirements and lower oven / hob use), so I think it might get less than propane. The estimated costs ranged from $ 15,000 – $ 35,000. Gulp!
The price range reflects different sizes and installation options. The cheapest option is not stored heat, and a relatively small group of solar panels for hot water. The more expensive for heat storage and a variety of solar panels.
If solar water heating cover 100 percent of our needs for propane, which provided the system is somewhere between 6 to 14 years, the cost would be paid for propane remained at the same level.
If you plan to live in this house “forever” I urge my big half to take the leap with me. We will integrate various alternative and renewable energy in the house next door.